It is right to want the best for children all over the world, but at the moment the response to this problem has often been based on good intentions rather than good information. What if i asked you these questions:
What do you do if your car breaks down?
Or if your dog gets ill?
If you broke your arm?
For most of us, it’s time to call in the experts! People trained in the field to help us solve the problems.
Mechanics, vets, doctors, they are all trained for their specific tasks. And yet all over the world, people are caring for children in orphanages, institutions, children’s villages, and large children’s homes; or, working with children in communities and making decisions about where and who they live with, without any specific training or qualifications.
SFAC wants to change this with your help. We work with tiny NGOs in rural Zimbabwe and Uganda, to the governments of Sri Lanka and Brazil (and many others in between!). Our aim is to ensure that everyone providing care for vulnerable children can access training and professional support that is accessible, adaptable and applicable to their own culture and context. We work closely with our partners to help them set up and implement systems and procedures appropriate to their organisation to allow them to provide the best possible care for the children they work with.
We can’t do this without you. Monthly and one-off donations from our amazing supporters enables SFAC’s team of qualified social workers, psychologists and lawyers to help those working with children to find safe families for them to belong in. And, we always love to hear from organisations that want our training and advice.
- Millions of children live in orphanages
- Millions of children are abused and neglected
- Millions of children are being cared for by unqualified/untrained staff
- Lots of organisations working with children cannot afford good quality training and support.
- SFAC gives knowledge on why children belong in safe families and not orphanages
- SFAC equips organisations with the skills to provide safe family care
- SFAC provides practical resources to support the new knowledge and skills.
- For every child around the world to have a safe family to belong to and be loved by
- And, for SFAC to be able to offer support to any organisation that asks for our help to make this possible.